30 Prescot Street

Tower Hill, London

Oblates of Mary Immaculate

30 Prescot Street was built in the early 19th Century replacing an earlier house on the site and is one of the few from this era remaining in the street. It is listed Grade II and interconnects with an adjoining church built in 1876, to the designs of Edward Welby Pugin. The priests of the church use the house as their residence and administrative centre, also hosting meetings and small scale events.

Through dialogue with the Conservation Officers of the London Borough of Tower Hamlets Brady Mallalieu Architects secured planning and Listed Building consent to refurbish the building to improve accessibility, including adding two new lifts and en-suite bathroom accommodation.  The basement was refurbished to create an events space using a lightweight timber lining with hidden lighting.